Become a City Guide and give in-depth walking tours in the heart of London.
Examinations for the 2018-2019 City of London Green Badge Course have now been held. To apply for a future course, please visit the City of London website here.
This Green Badge course is aimed at all those who have an interest in the Square Mile. It offers an in-depth study of the historical, architectural, and contemporary City of London. Participants will learn how to assimilate this knowledge and how to select and present information in order to lead visitors on guided tours. Participants will also develop the practical skills needed to conduct guided tours.
- 30 lectures and tutorials on Wednesday evenings.
- 2 hour walks and tutorials on alternate Saturday mornings or afternoons (dates will be given at the start of the course).
- 1 Saturday (full day/7 hours).
- 180 self-study hours.
Successful candidates will be awarded:
- City of London Guide Badge and Certificate.
- Institute of Tourist Guiding Green Badge and Certificate.
The course is taught through a mixture of lectures, practical walks, presentations and workshops. As the course progresses students will be expected to give presentations on particular topics and themes.
Guildhall, London, EC2V 7HH.
- Course fee for 2018-2019: £1195 (inclusive of the Institute of Tourist Guiding registration fee).
You may wish to:
- Buy a map of the City (from £5).
- Attend additional optional walks and visits of relevant interest, available at low cost.
Day / Time:
- Wednesday 6.30 pm - 8.30 pm (30 sessions).
- Weekend am/pm (15 sessions) and one full day.
Enrollment for 2019-2020 course:
- Enrollment now closed.
- Course starts 25th September 2019.
For more information please visit the City of London website here.