1. To manage the Institute’s qualifications policy.
To monitor and develop professional training policies for ratification by the Board of Directors, including recommendations from the Accreditation, Examination and Language Committees
2. To maintain uniform standards for qualifications at all levels.
- To set criteria for all Institute qualifications and assessments
- To monitor and evaluate the use of reasonable adjustments and Special Consideration in order to ensure that they are effective and meet the requirements of the Institute’s current policies
- To consider and, where appropriate, approve recommendations from the Examinations Committee on the appointment of individual Chief Examiners (Blue Badge) External Examiners (Green and White Badges)
- To consider and, where appropriate, approve recommendations from the Language and Examinations Committees concerning equivalences in assessment by other awarding bodies
- To consider and, where appropriate, approve recommendations from the Accreditation and Language Committees concerning APL and/or exemptions from assessments
- To receive reports from the Appeals Panel on the outcome of all submissions
- To consider and respond – through the Board’s Chair - to complaints related ti professional training issues and make recommendations to the Board of Directors where necessary
3. To award Institute qualifications
- To consider and ratify the results of examinations at all Levels
2,3 and 4 presented by Chief and External Examiners
- To ensure satisfactory processes for the notification to programme directors and to candidates individually of their results
- To review regularly and monitor all related procedures
4. To receive and consider reports from the Accreditation, Examinations and Language Committees
- To review and endorse recommendations to the Board of Directors from the Accreditation Committee in respect of the accreditation of training courses at all levels
- To approve recommendations from the Accreditation Committee on the appointment of individual tourist guide trainers
- To approve recommendations from the Examinations Committee
s for the accreditation of individual examiners and compilers
5. Website maintenance
To ensure the relevant sections of the Institute’s website for qualifications and entries are updated regularly
The Qualifications Board membership shall consist of members of the Institute and such external representatives from the educational and tourism sectors as the Board determines. The Deputy President is an ex officio member.