Whether you see Membership, as many Members do, as your
commitment to our growing profession, as a chance to promote your
services or as a means of saving money arising from the
opportunities offered through Membership, your involvement is
vital. The Institute, currently with over 1600 Members, Associates
and Affiliates relies on those involved to achieve its objects and
each Member has a part to play. We look forward to welcoming you on
Benefits of Being a Member
- To be a member of a nationally recognised professional
Institute working for excellence in Tourist Guiding.
- To protect your tourist guiding qualification and to play a
role in shaping the tourist guiding qualifications of the
- To market yourself as a Member and registered tourist guide,
using the coveted Blue Badge and the letters MITG after
- To promote your services in the Institute's Directory of
Members and Associates and on the online Guide Search
(www.itg.org.uk/guidesearch), linked to www.visitbritain.com and
tourist board websites.
- To validate your qualification by registering annually, for
which you will receive a photocard and annual membership card.
- To purchase a replacement Blue Badge should you lose it.
- To stay informed of developments, techniques and trends in
- To vote at the Institute's Annual General Meeting.
- To receive a free copy of the Institute's Directory of Members
and Associates, a substantial reduction on the retail price of
Institute publications and discounts from time to time on
travel/heritage books published in the UK.
- To further your career by attending keynote lectures organised
by the Institute.
As a recognised professional tourist guide you help protect your
future by joining the Institute. You can also help market yourself,
promote your services, further your career and stay up to date in a
changing profession. Finally you can save money by taking advantage
of the benefits Membership brings.
Completed application forms should be sent with relevant supporting
documents to 'Membership Applications', Institute of Tourist
Guiding, Coppergate House, 16 Brune Street, London E1 7NJ. If you
don't have access to a printer request a Form