FULL TIME EXAMINATIONS
The Institute of Tourist Guiding is looking for a motivated,
enthusiastic individual to provide high quality administrative
support to the Institute's Committees, President and Operations
Manager. You should have a minimum of 5 years proven administrative
experience. You will need to have a strong work ethic, be able to
follow procedures clearly but also be able to use your initiative
and must be able to work without supervision. You should be highly
literate and numerate with an excellent telephone manner. Good
proven Customer Service skills essential. The ideal candidate
needs to be proficient with the more advanced functionality of MS
Word and Excel. You will need the ability to deal with non-English
speakers, and to be able to keep potentially senior and external
individuals to the Examination timetable. This will require strong
interpersonal, customer service and organisational skills. As the
Institute has a small number of staff you will also need to be
flexible in taking on different tasks within the office. Occasional
overtime may be required.
The Examinations Co-ordinator is responsible to the Operations
Manager for the smooth and efficient day to day operation of the
Institute office and the maintenance of all examination
records. The Examinations Co-ordinator is expected to be
highly organised and be able to work independently in the execution
of regular duties.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Book Examination Rooms.
- Appoint Compilers, Moderators, Invigilators and Examiners.
- Process Candidate Applications.
- Send out information to Examination Candidates regarding Exam
- Prepare Examination guidance materials.
- Prepare Candidate Examination materials.
- Prepare Examination papers.
Notify examination results to Programme Directors.
- Prepare and notify examination results letters to
- Prepare Certificates and make arrangements regarding award
Under the direction of the Chair of the Qualifications Board and
the Operations Manager to:
- Maintain the examination and accreditation handbooks at Level
4, Level 3 and Level 2.
- Maintain and keep up to date Accreditation Register of Course
Providers and Trainers
- Maintain and keep up to date the Examinations Register of
Examiners, including Language Examiners.
- On the instruction of the Operations Manager, to update the
website with new or updated information relating to Institute
To provide general assistance and backup to the Operations
Manager as instructed.
- In the absence of the Office Administrator (Membership) and
under the instruction of the Operations Manager, to assist in
covering his/her tasks by:
- Answering telephone, email and fax enquiries.
- Maintaining files and filing system; maintaining all stationery
- Recording all incoming mail (email or postal) and forwarding
this as necessary to other staff, Officers, Directors and/or
committee members for action, and ensuring action is
- Organising and recording all outgoing correspondence, and
ensuring replies are received when necessary.
- Providing office support to Committee Chairs, including
membership contact details and the distribution and central filing
of committee papers including Minutes for: the Qualifications
Board, Examinations Committee, Accreditation Committee and Language
Assist the Treasurer in managing finance administration,
including invoicing and records:
- Log all cheques on the system
- Banking of all cheques
- Check all incoming invoices against appointment letters, venues
booked etc to ensure they match up.
- Keep the financial examination spreadsheet up to date with
costs of venue, examiners etc.
Please apply in writing sending your cover letter and CV to
Closing date: 31 July 2015