- "To develop, maintain and promote standards of the highest
quality in tourist guiding
- To serve as the professional body for qualified tourist
- To hold the national register of qualified tourist guides
To achieve this, our Strategic Objectives are:
- To put in place uniform standards for qualifications at all
- To provide for examinations at all levels.
- To promote Institute qualifications and awards within the
tourism industry and others.
- To influence government and tourism bodies to adopt the
qualifications as the symbol of quality in tourist guiding.
- To encourage the tourism industry and individual travellers to
use Institute qualified tourist guides.
- To put in place and enforce a Professional Code of Conduct for
all those who join the Institute."